Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Family comes to town!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE when family comes to town and especially when they stay with us! This past month we had so many come into town- it was fabulous! Not only do we love hanging out but I get so many breaks which I desperately need to keep up with these two little guys.

I love that I have a huge family (7 brothers and sisters - my youngest sister is 12) but I hate that I don't live right next to them! I really miss having all of them near, especially having sisters that are the perfect age for babysitting!

Last week, my mom came down with my three of my sisters and brother! The boys loved every moment of it! My mom was in her glory, she has always been the "children type" - hence having 6 kids and working as a teacher's aid for years. Honestly, I don't know how she did it - and she never ever complains about how tired or hard it is/was and is a calm, quiet person by nature. Nothing like me, right? She has been a great sounding board and always seems to have the right thing to say when I am at my wits end.

For example, last week I called her: "Mom, they are driving me crazy with the tantrums and wanting to do EVERYTHING themselves. Is it something I am doing wrong that they are always it time out - is this normal"? Very calmly, she says to her panicked daughter - "Honey, they are two - of course it is normal. Haven't you heard of the terrible twos -its all a phase, they are testing their boundaries and learning".

Oh.....that's right! Whenever I feel like I am going nutz with these little guys, I keep trying to remember that. She jumped right in when she was here and started reading to the boys, playing ball and hide and seek.
I love the photo below of Nicolas - he has this hysterical face of joy.
Mama citas! Cousin Donny (Kens cousin) came in for a visit this month as well. I haven't seem him in 9 years, so it was great that he could see the boys!
Aunt Di- Di (Kens sister) came to visit for a few days and I was in absolute joy. She is always so much fun and a burst of sunshine. It was great having her stay with us - we are blessed because she gets to come more frequently and is a HUGE help when she is here.
Having a family meal for Ken's Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment