Thursday, June 10, 2010

Bright and Beautiful

My grandmother (the boys great - grandma) came up with a great idea for a beautiful gift to give any child! Hallmark makes these large board books where you can record your voice reading the book to a child. It is fabulous because your child will forever know that person's voice for a life time. My grandmother bought the book "Bright and Beautiful" and she and my mom read the book together (rotating pages) to the boys. You can lock the voices so that they can never be re-recorded. I love the fact that my mom and grandma read it together and they each gave a personal message to the boys. The only down side is Christian had a COMPLETE meltdown when it wasn't his turn to read it (which I had to capture in a snap shot because it simply shows how much he loves this book- I promise, I would never exploit my son's sadness). Essentially, it was four generations reading together (great grandma, grandma, myself and the boys)! How cool is that!

Grandma's reading it at Great Grandma's- why in her bedroom ? It was the only place where it was quiet enough with all 15 of us there.
MELTDOWN!

No comments:

Post a Comment