Thursday, August 25, 2011

First Day of Pre-School



Boys started their first day of school and they loved it!!! Success! They didn't even say goodbye to me. I just got a "bye mom" and they were off to their new adventure. That morning I woke up early thinking why on earth am I worried about them starting school today, they are so ready and I just have to give up that little bit of control. Then I realized I was more afraid of the bigger things - FALLING ON THE NEW PLAYGROUND and freaking RED ANTS. Yes, that is the truth.




I even told Ken that in the morning and he said "Don't worry they are going to be fine". My sister called me and said..."ARE YOU READY FOR DROP OFF, how are you doing", as she knows my neurotic-ness of leaving the boys. I simply said- its the damn ants and playground crash that is making me crazy. She just laughed and said, "you got to move back up north Sista"!!




Here's the thing, I never was afraid of red ants, just kept away from them but then when I was in college, I had a huge red ant attack. I didn't know it was happening because it happened so fast and the next thing I knew is my friends were ripping off my stockings and throwing me into a bathtub because they attacked my whole legs. As my fear of a new playground without direct supervision- well, I was a dare devil, like most kids and slipped on the top monkey bar as I was trying to do a perfect flip and got a horrible head concussion. I got back up and did it again of course, after a week of hallucinating (just kidding - hey maybe that is why my brain is so neurotic at times). So, here we go with the rest of the boys first day story:




Playground -I get a call from the school. Nicolas crashed on the pavement and flipped his Cozy Coupe. What kid flips a damn cozy coupe? Mine! Teacher called, said he was fine. But when I got there, he couldn't move his thumb and it had swelled up. It was suggested that I take him to have it looked at. So, off we went to the doctor. He sprained his thumb along with a few other bumps and boo-boo's. Bumps and Boo- Boo's fine, thumb will just be sore for awhile, if you ever had a sprain, you know how that goes. But with lots of icing, TLC, ibuprofen and that Bactrim spray, he is GOOD TO GO today. Thumb sore but he can move it fine!! Oh wait but there is more.......................




Nicolas doing his Happy Dance before going, before the crash

Next part- the Ants. As I was signing the accident form, the teacher's assistant comes up to me and says " Geez Jody, I think Christian might of been bite up, his leg is bleeding and its on his shoes and hands. Let me go clean him and see. Then for some reason, all I could do was laugh and said out loud "Come on seriously, you got to be kidding me..the two things I was worried about occurred......"! Weird shit just seems to happen to me. It has been a running joke in our family since I was 5 and crashed my tricycle into a telephone pole to avoid oncoming traffic of a busy road. (Hey again..maybe that is why my brain is so wacky)! I just don't want the boys to have my Karma of clumsiness.


Well, that was our first day of school. Boys loved it, played, made some new buddies and we are hoping they will want to go back Tuesday after the Ant attack and playground flip. As for me, I was actually fine with all this. I still hate those damn ants. Playground, I can deal with, boys will be boys..rumbles and tumbles but those damn red ants, why are they even in existence! Even Christian asked me yesterday : "Mom, why did god make red ants that bite"?

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Such big handsome boys all ready for school.
    I am glad they had a good day, despite both your fears becoming reality. Gotta admit, the irony is pretty funny! Are you a tad psychic?!!!
    I hope the bike crash and ant bites don't permanently scar you or the boys from school!
    My boys really enjoy going to the day care (Aka "school" to them) I think time away for them and us is a good thing at this age. It benefits both kids and parents.
    I must admit I was a little freaked out by your comment a couple of weeks back that they will be in pre-K next year! Our boys are growing up too fast!!!
    We are still not sure when we are starting the ben and Ethan in school. Our school years are different to yours, we do feb-december. So they either start when they are almost 5, or almost 6. We will decide closer to the time. Their birthday falls in the few months where it up to the parents which year to send them.

    Anyway, hope the next few weeks of school is fun for the boys. They are getting so big!!

    ReplyDelete