Monday, February 7, 2011

Parties ~ Love 'Em!

This weekend was great because I got to go to three parties which was a much needed break, well.. two were restful! My kids automatically think a party means cake, no matter what kind of party!

Ken had thought I was going to my friends girls night party (which is next week), when I was actually going to a brunch at my girlfriends Saturday morning. Confused? He was. Anyways, Christian asked where I was and Ken said a party. Christian wanted to know if there was cake and if I was having any. Ken said he wasn't sure but he had to call to confirm as Christian NEEDED to know..aka..if I was going to bring any home for him! Nope..sorry Christian, it is mommy's time now.

But Christian was in heaven when he got his wish on Sunday as we celebrated our friends Riley/Zachery's 3rd Bday! That party was a little more work for me, because I went solo with the boys which means lots of running! It was lots of fun though ( I just got another workout in because I went to the gym for 2 hours in the morning - so double the pain the next day). Thankfully, I got to rest some when Ken and I rotated going to our neighbors Super Bowl Party. We were going to have it here but had to cancel. Nicolas and Christian lucked out that night as well, one of our friends at the party walked over and brought them special cupcakes, just for the boys (Steeler/Packer cupcakes)!

Boys diving into the much anticipated cake!


Chillin with their friends. Yes, my kids are the only ones wearing the hats- mom gets just as excited!!! I love that kids don't care about being different!!Birthday Boy! Happy Birthday Zachery!Birthday Girl..Happy Birthday Riley!
All the boys wanted to ride Zach's bike, including NICOLAS!!
Instead Nicolas works out his frustration (in the way back of the picture with the blue sweater) by using the adult work out station at the park because he couldn't stand not being able to ride the bike...I was like ...what are you doing buddy??
Christian!

Nicolas!

1 comment: