Thursday, February 3, 2011

It's All About Phases!

These guys are going through different phases - literally from day to day. Food, toys, what they want to do, what is funny...etc.. and it is HYSTERICAL being a mom of twins watching these phases. This weeks phase for Nicolas - The bedtime stalling phase!


My boys are GREAT at going to bed, they can go from running around like lunatics to laying down and asleep within seconds! Well, "Sir Nicolas" has just become the KINGPIN at stalling for naps recently. As for the past few days he NEEDS PJ's for nap time! I made the mistake of letting him choose a pair, now he wants to choose them everyday and it takes FOREVER, not to mention the hassle of dressing and undressing. At first I thought, who cares, he is only little once, if the kid wants Pj's for nap time, so be it! Now I see there was an alternative motive - STALLING, as he looks over each and every pair!
Here are a few other of his master stalling techniques:


1.) Mommy, I want to rock and stand. Which means I hold him while standing and sing a lullaby to him. Then he wants lullaby's with the wrong words which he thinks is hysterical. The kid is so long and basically for me to stand and rock him, I must look like a freak because I am only 5 feet tall and his feet hang to my knees. But what mom wants to say no to their sweet little boy wanting a lullaby sung to them.. well....4 songs!! Oh and don't forget his brother wanting the same!

2.) Mommy, I need a hug. I give it. Mommy, I need a bigger hug and I want to give you a kiss. Again..what mom doesn't want a kiss and hug from her little man?

3.) Mom, I have a question for you. Then when I ask what is it Nicolas, he gets all excited, scrambles around, stands up and tries desperately to come up with a question. A simple question as I walk out the door like " Is Christian going to eat all my goldfish after naps"? And it could go on for another 10 minutes if I don't close the door.
4.) Mommy, I need a sip of water. Then I give one, then it's Mommy that was to small, I need a big sip. Mommy that was too big, I need a tiny sip. That one turned into a HUGE tantrum today because I walked out on him after he did this for several minutes.



Please keep in mind, he has a VERY SMART brother who waits ever so quietly until I am about to walk out the room and then stands and yells, my turn mommy!!!


Today though, Christian just looked at him and said..."Be quiet Nicolas, I sleeping"! Enough said!!



Oh Nicolas....my sweet little man. Your stalling ways make me laugh and at times I don't want you to stop them because I love those extra hugs, lullaby's, questions and your crazy collection of PJ mismatch outfits. It is so hard to discipline you because you have that sweet little way about you and hardly ever have tantrums but man when you do...WATCH OUT!! All fiery is let loose. They are getting smarter by the day and learning more and more techniques on working together as a team to get what they want from Mommy and Daddy! I often have to turn my face to keep them from seeing me laugh as it only instigates them more but it is just so darn cute the things they think of!!

THANKS JESS FOR TAKING THESE FABULOUS PHOTOS FOR US!!! SHE IS AN AMAZING PHOTOGRAPHER!!

No comments:

Post a Comment