Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Home Sweet Florida

Putting sunblock on 2 year olds kind of sucks - no just sucks. During the "Battle of the Sunblock" this morning, I had that one moment of "I hate summer's in Florida - Dear Lord do I have to go through this every day this summer?" I quickly changed my tune once I got outside. How could I have even thought that word hate about Florida? Many of my friends and family have a nickname for me : "Mayor of Florida" because I always try to recruit them to live here. Yes, most days in the summer I wish I had a "climate control" box around my head (mainly to stop the frizz) but when I am outside near the water and I see the palm trees and sunshine - I know Florida rocks (well..other than the huge weird bugs and the grass). Today we went to Marina Jacks and we played in the splash/water park on the bay. We met up with a few of my girlfriends that have twins ( the boys have known these guys since they were 5 months old and we try to get together each week - thank god for these ladies)! In my opinion it was one of the best play dates we had. The boys loved hanging out with their buddies and it was actually relaxing.

On top of a great morning, the boys have been blissfully sleeping for 2 hours-The Battle of the Sunblock was worth it! Only 4 more months to go - Home Sweet Florida!
Nicolas and Christian waiting for their buddies to come up from the park to eat lunch.
Me and the boys!
All of us having lunch- a cool picnic table with 4 sides- how perfect!Christian taking the opportunity to not obey the rules of sitting while I am snapping a photo.Deseray - Cayden and ChaseSusy - Nate and JakeTanya - Davin and GavinCayden and Chase enjoying the seagulls and boats

No comments:

Post a Comment