Monday, May 10, 2010

The Best Things About Having Twins!

My little buddies turned two last week. This birthday was very emotional for me to see them turn two because they are growing so fast and I actually got to enjoy this year - where the first year was a complete whirl wind haze. I have been so emotional about it this year and hence the reason I haven't put any photos up yet on their 2nd birthday because every time I open the photo folder I get so emotional. I promise- they are coming up soon, as well as Nicolas's first trip to Boston and Easter! I am in the mood today to just write all the great things about having twins.
Do I have to say much more than this photo in itself!
Look at that true love.
  • You get double the love on everything. When they wake up in the morning, I have two boys running to be to give me a great big hug.

  • We get double the kisses good night.



  • You always feel like a rock star when you go out, not only did you accomplish the task but people love to acknowledge the boys and engage in conversation. Everyone talks to them which they love! I used to hate that when they were first born, but now I love it!

  • We are part of an amazing twin community that you feel so connected to as they share all the special things that come with having two children at the same age. Support, advice and lots of friends. Last week we had "joint party" with some of my mom friend who have twins and there were 5 moms/10 kids. Four of us had the boys and girls in the same week- at the same hospital! Being in a household of 10 kids laughing, eating and playing together and sharing it with amazing mothers, made me really appreciate and love my life.

  • I get to do everything twice but at the same time. Meaning ,that I don't have that age gap- of trying to balance two different developmental stages/ages. When one of my kids go to bed; the other does ; when one baths,the other does...etc.... I just do one thing more at the same time. Everyone always says to me: having twins must be really hard and sometimes I agree with them but then other times I think- not really I only have to do the hard parts once and I get two children now!


I get so much more exercise then I used to and I don't have to worry about what I eat anymore - ever since they started walking- the work out REALLY began.They have an instant friend in each other and enjoy (usually) playing and being together which would warm any parents heart. Especially when I think of the first time that they will go to school - they will have each other.

  • You get to see those awesome moments of them hugging and holding hands at the same age.
  • Everyone is so extra supportive of you and your family because you have twins ( maybe because they feel bad for me with the challenges and craziness or maybe just because it is so fun to be around two kids in the same developmental age).

  • You sleep like a hibernating bear at night!

Babies truly are a miracle of god and to be blessed with two at once and to be able to make it carrying two in pregnancy, birth and raising them.....wow does it make you feel confident and feel deep inside you can handle the hard things that life sometimes throws at you. Even though I am the biggest complainer in the world, I truly believe in the old saying : " God will only give you what you can handle - I am glad he trusted me with two at once- yet sometimes I do feel like - "Why do you trust me so much and I wish you didn't think I could handle so much (not meaning the boys but meaning the challenges like potty training)!!!! I think the original quote comes from Mother Theresa.

Anyways, since I have been emotional (in a happy sense) I had to write that- but don't get me wrong, you have all read my insanity blogs that come with twins! I just wanted to finally write some of the fabulous things!! Here are a few photos of the best things about twins! You get two of these little angels :

3 comments:

  1. awwwwwwwwwwwwwww

    great post. I LOVE the pic at the top of the post, the one of them hugging (wearing orange shirts) It's so cute how Nicolas has his eyes closed!!!! Adorable!!! Brings tears to my eyes.

    Twins really are wonderful aren't they!

    You have so many great pics of them together. My boys always seem to look the other way, or pull a funny face when i try to photograph them together. Well done on some great pics. It'll be a beautiful memory :)

    Happy belated birthday to Nicolas and Christian too. I was waiting for a post about the birthday to wish them a happy birthday, but I see now, it's a work in progress! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. Goodness. The first picture of them hugging one another brought tears to my eyes. Seriously. It's just such a sweet and tender picture of the love they obviously share for one another.

    We are so blessed to have twins, aren't we??

    Happy birthday to your little men!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great post and I totally agree. I am pg now and I think it may be a little easier when I have mine as opposed to my sister who has a 3 y.o. and a 15 month old and one on the way. I think the twin difficulties all shake out in the end :)

    I wanted to respond to your comment about 3 being more difficult. I NEVER want to freak out another twin parent so to be completely honest I think 3 is a different kind of hard. They are much more independent but they bicker a lot more because they both think they are always right. I think you just deal with a lot more attitude and then there is the whole potty training nightmare! :) Good luck and happy 2nd b-day to your adorable boys!

    ReplyDelete