Monday, January 30, 2012

SLEEP PLEASE!!

I can't stand that these guys have been waking up between 5:20-6:00 AM. I would say since we got home from Christmas it is averaging about 6 am. I thought it was because they should transition to no naps because maybe they are getting too much sleep? (Not possible in Jody's world). Even though they take a nap, they still go to bed fairly early instead of staying up late BUT they just get up early. Well, yesterday proved my theory wrong. What the hell!! Ken took them to Busch Gardens Theme park, no nap, they stayed until 4 pm and were falling asleep at the dinner table. I was SURE they would sleep in. Nope 5:30 Christian was awake saying, "Is it morning time"? These are the words we wake up too each day. Plus they have colds which also has been going on back to back since xmas so maybe that has contributed to it. Or because we cut the binkies (pacifiers) so they don't have that sucking soothing process. Now, I am not saying I get up each day at 5:30 because Ken does it most days however for me to fall back asleep knowing I have to get up at 6:30 my mind races.. races and I fall back asleep for about 15 minutes then I am more miserable. If I know I have a few more hours like on the weekends, I can go back to sleep at the drop of a hat.

The most torturous part is I have had a ton of resume work so I thought I would try a new schedule for myself and get up around 5:55-6:00 am everyday that I put into place last week. Either for some peace and quiet before the day starts, a nice cup of coffee, play on the computer, or get some work done before the rat race begins.

Now, most moms reading this are probably thinking, suck it up I get up each day at that time. However, my plead of pity is this. I take my "happy pills" a.k.a. my mood stabilizers at night that I have to take or else I would be a complete WHACK JOB. They keep me mentally stable. I haven't had a depressive episode since the boys were born when I had Post Partum and this medicine keeps my moods stable. Lets me live a happy mentally healthy life (now I am not saying I don't get pissy or irrational because I do, everyone does). My point is that people with mood disorders, if they are going to live a happy productive life they need sleep, workouts and balance. If you have a mood disorder you know this 100%! Unfortunately my fabulous little pills that keep me stable also make me a SLUG in the morning. I move like one, I look like something from the war in the morning and I feel like I have cob webs in my brain. This is normal until I have about a half hour to adjust. So, this early morning before 6am nonsense has BEEN torture! Pure torture! I think Christian is going to be our morning bird, he gets that from Ken. Nicolas is going to be our morning sleeper like me. He loves sleeping if his brother would let him.

As soon as I hear those little sweet voices at 5 am, I do say a prayer..."Lord reduce the meanness in me keep me stable, happy and help me SUCK IT UP"!! Ken, normally is great at getting up with them is sick of this early business too. This morning I got up with the kids and he must of just woke up and I heard him talking to himself out of habit , "SHHHH, go back to sleep, its not morning"!!! I don't know who the heck he was talking to? He has done this a few times lately and I can't help but laugh because I know he is doing it half in his sleep, half out of habit of what we say to them each day.

He came home Friday night and said, "I ordered a "light" alarm for the boys today".
Me: Why would you do that- no alarm for the boys are you crazy".
Ken: No, its a light alarm, the light goes on for them at a certain time so they know only then can they get up!!!
Me: Ohhhh, very cool but it better not wake them up more or it is going in the T.R.A.S.H !!

Lack of sleep isn't the best for my mental well-being hence mommy's little naps that give me my perk up with no guilt and help me catch up. When you have twins you get POUNDED in the morning with questions and all the same questions. All my foggy brain can mutter out is ""Yep", "Please wait" "No" "Quiet Voices". The questions that pound us every single morning are:






  • Is it morning yet?



  • Mommy can you change me?



  • Mommy can I wear my batman /superman PJ's



  • What are we doing today?



  • Can I have something to drink?



  • Mom help me go to the bathroom?



  • Whats for breakfast?



  • Mom where is my "certain" toy?



  • I left my stuff animal upstairs, mom can you get it?



  • Do we have school today?



  • Is Daddy staying home today?



  • MOMMMMMM HELLLPP (loudly...oh so loudly).
If my sweet little handsome men would just sleep until 6:30-7:00 I could get up at 6 am , enjoy the quiet, take a shower in peace and do whatever I wanted for me. Maybe my husband and I could even have a cup of coffee together or a conversation without interruption without being dead tired at 9 pm. I know, it's not their fault, they just want to be with us and don't get me wrong, I love hearing their voices, their voices of happiness but for the Love of God...I want quiet in the morning, or at least until 6:30 am. Oh well, part of being a mom. If this is my biggest problem, than I am and should be VERY THANKFUL, but I can still growl in the morning can't I? Nicolas and Christian enjoying a quiet moment on their choice of time (notice they chose the children' bible...humm is god telling me something? Suck it up Jody

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jody
    Thanks for your comments on my page. I love comments :)

    To answer your question, yes, I can easily fall back asleep when they wake up, I am not a morning person! It is often to my detriment that I do fall asleep cos they have been known to get up to some mischief!! Hahah

    If ken has ordered a gro-clock or something similar i have high hopes it would work. The gro-clock gave my friend an extra hour sleep when her 3yr old twins were waking at 5am. She has also been known to find her kids
    Watching tv or playing in the living room at 3am. It's definatly helped her sanity !

    ReplyDelete