Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Great Outdoors

Although we did not get much snow (flurries) the boys still loved going outside to play in the NY woods. During this trip I think one of my most memorable moments was the boys running down the hills as fast as they could laughing and squealing with delight. I can remember doing that when I was little and that free feeling with nothing but joy and the crisp outdoor air. Their faces had the biggest smiles and they would march back up the hill and run down, taking a few tumbles along the way.

Another thing I was telling Ken that I absolutely loved (growing up in NY we spend most of our time outdoors) is that when I am outside in NY I have zero fear of red ants, spiders or weird creepy Florida bugs and I wanted to be outside as much as we could on the hills. As we were kicking up the leaves and taking mini-hikes during this vacation, I was able to just be in the moment in the great northern woods. I guess I should of been on the look out for bears (seriously) but instead Nicolas and Ken had the joy of seeing a HUGE WHITE TAILED DEER up close as they walked quietly through the woods and stood still behind the trees. Some of the cool things we did was ice skating, mini-hikes, 4 Wheeling, running down the hills, riding the golf cart and of course some basketball. Although, I absolutely love Florida and wouldn't trade it, I sure miss the outdoors/ mountains of upstate N.Y!!









No comments:

Post a Comment