Thursday, January 20, 2011

So Many Questions - Who is God????

I am getting RAPID FIRE questions of "WHY" and "HOW" for EVERYTHING. The boys are slamming my brainpower. I call it that because the questions are SO HARD yet over things that are so easy. I am talking the most basic questions that I can't believe that I don't know.

For example: The other day I got a geometry question - yes seriously from a 2 1/2 year old! "Mommy is stop sign a octagon"? I tend to find my brain spinning when I don't immediately know the answer to something I should. I quickly called Ken and said "Quick..is a Stop sign a octagon, hexagon"? Ken says..I think it is a hexagon. I wasn't convinced so I started looking for a stop sign. Of course there are none in sight as my boys are saying 100 times in a row..Mommy is it? When I said, I am not sure, let me see if we can find one (feeling like a idiot) then the next questions is "WHY"? Like...Why don't I know, I'm mommy I should know all , to them anyways.

Here are just a few of the questions I had this week:
1.) What is a chemical? Explain that one.

2.) I was explaining twins. They ask "How was I made"? I quickly deviated from the question and said you were both in my belly at once..Nicolas says "How'd we fit"?

3.) Who is God? - I think I did a TRIPLE take and almost fell over. I tried to explain who God was in simplest terms to a 2 1/2 year old. Then I get the questions pertaining to God- Where does he live? How do you explain that one? When I tried to explain heaven, Nicolas says "In A House"? Then I said no and he says to me "That's crazy then where does he live"? Finally, the hardest part of that conversation (and do I mean tough conversation) Christian asked "Is he at work"? ummmmm... ummm... think Jody, think..they believe everything I say..this is heavy stuff here. So I said.."God made the sun, moon...us.." again simple terms for a 2 1/2 year old to only be told by Nicolas(as he is laughing) "That's crazy mom, how'd he do that"?

5.) Do you have a Wee- wee ? (referring to male body part). When I said no.."Why"? What do you have?

I am serious, I am getting question after question. And it's hard stuff!! By the way - a stop does have 8 sides - octagon in case your child asks!!
Yes his pants are not snapped, he is getting so big and this week it seems he outgrew his pants out of nowhere!!I had to put the photo above on, just because it is so sweet of Nicolas using his imagination with his dog. I want to FREEZE THIS INNOCENCE!!

1 comment:

  1. YAY, another post :)
    I check your blog daily, i love it when there's a new post. I tried to leave a comment last week, but i think it failed. I hope this one works..


    Wow, heavy stuff!!
    I am impressed at their questions. My two love to ask questions too, but more along the lines of what are you doing mum, and why?

    The trickiest we've had is "where do clouds come from?", which was a follow-up question once he had learnt that rain comes from clouds. I am not looking forward to this new phase of involved and thought out questions..... uh oh!!!

    I love the pics of your boys, they are getting so big, and as always, so handsome!

    I really really LOVE the pictures you have on your wall in the black frames, with the word LOVE in the middle. I think this is a great idea. There are several words like that I want to put up around the house. You have inspired me to do so :)

    thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete