Sunday, January 23, 2011

Houseful Of Germs

Well...the boys and I are sick AGAIN. With twins, it seems to last SO LONG, then you get those few days of glory and whamo it starts all over again. I am OVER IT.


I had a whole day planned yesterday..getting my hair done (much needed from lack of attention for the past 3 months) and then having a afternoon with some of my best buds having a girls day out movies, shopping and dinner. I was bound and determined to go. Nothing was going to stop me with getting my hair blown out straight and colored which I dream about for months at end.

Then..I got home and took my temp- 101. I called my girlfriends and with lots of persuasion I canceled (feeling defeated) and went to the DR instead - strep /sinus infection. At least we are all feeling better already, loaded with antibiotics , watching lots of TV, lots of sleep (and I got loaded with a fabulous dose of cough medicine that makes you forget all your problems...) My girlfriends and I try to have a girls day out once a month and I can't even begin to describe how much I look forward to it. As soon as I see a runny nose, I get that slight panic, like oh god here we go again. Just the thought of being in the house days at end away from friends and family till it passes. Blah Blah Blah! Then add allergies on top of it..buggery noses every day it seems! Damn you colds and allergies. Damn you for taking 7-10 days to get rid of.


Here's a family photo from Christmas when we had 5 days of pure freedom of buggers!! Its pretty sad when as a mom, I dream of days when the kids wake up and the noses are dry. Kind of pathetic that dry / clean noses put me in SUCH a good mood.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry you missed your girl day. You needed it, I'm sure! I hope you all are better. Call me tomorrow and we'll catch up!

    ReplyDelete