Thursday, October 28, 2010

Don't Take My MoJo

I just read the most annoying article in Parenting Magazine .
It had this article on "The Caffeine Buzz" - outlined how much coffee affects you and what it will do. The first level was great up to 2 cups a day. Then the next level said: if you drink between 2-3 cups a day it significantly increases blood pressure, potentially shortening your life span by five years. Now..to me 5 years is a shit load! I am not uneducated or unhealthy and know that too much caffeine is bad for you for many reasons but 2-3 cups? Come on...I need MoJo..I have twins! According to this article, with my afternoon double espresso, I am technically shaving off about 7 years of my life!

Why would they write that in a parenting magazine for parents no less who typically are exhausted and zombies during those first few years chasing their offspring that run 90 miles an hour - all day- everyday. Now don't get me wrong, I do balance it out with choking down about 64 oz of water a day in between, sometimes more. But even when I was in my tip, top shape - working out 5 days a week, eating well - I still drank 2-3 cups a day of my java juice!

That article just made me so mad because now every time I look at that sweet, savory cup of creamy coffee, the mommy's guilt is going to kick in - how can I enjoy my afternoon double espresso thinking I could be loosing time with my boys in the future!

This is why I have to have my MOJO:




No comments:

Post a Comment