Monday, August 30, 2010

Tag - Mommy's It!

Today, we ventured to a new "elderly' resort because they have a nice kiddie pool with the zero entry walk in, water sprayers and it only goes to 1 feet of water. It was the best laid plan! Noone was there in the kiddie area and we had it all to ourselves -PERFECT!

On a side note: I try to walk the boys into most places holding my hands so I don't have to schlep in the stroller. Disadvantage- leaving can sometimes be hard to "herd" them out.

We loved it and I got to relax in the sun and have fun. Then it was time to go.. Tag- - game on! They started rolling around, laughing in the water so I couldn't pick them up at the same time. As I got one seated on a chair, I had to sprint, bend over and get the other - however..the one on the chair took off back in the water...vice versa non stop (including grabbing things from my bag and tossing it in the water)!


When I looked up, I saw a group of 5 adults in the resort section laughing hysterically at me (as they were lounging in the adult pool having their cocktails). For a second I thought.."Could ya help a mama out?" but I knew how funny this must look so I started to laugh with everyone. I just hope they didn't have a phone camera and it end up on Utube. Finally, one sat on the chair for a minute while I grabbed the other. Life was good again....I got them dried off, dressed, walking hand in hand then my bag dropped. As I went to bent over to pick it up...Christian took the opportunity and ran straight into the water with his dry clothes and shoes!!

Tag...Mommy's It again! Thankfully, Nicolas stayed put so I could get Christian and out we went. After they realized it was over, they smiled at me and said "so fun mommy - thanks"! What???? At that point I really couldn't stop laughing. Even after the insanity, I realized thank god I have this time with them and would do that all over again to see those smiles.

This was truly a twin moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment