Monday, August 9, 2010

Another Grocery Store Story

Yep...another grocery store embarrasment..A.K.A...my dear friend panic set in again.
This time for good reason (or at this I think). If your not familiar with my last attempt feel free to read up on it!

1.) As I was cleaning off the grocery cart and straps ( I am neurotic and think they are so gross, so I must spend about 5 minutes cleaning the carts) Christian quickly ran to the English muffin sale display and starts winging the bags off the shelves as fast as he can. I swear, that kid can hustle and move! Why put bags of muffins in the entry way where people are getting carts anyways? People kept walking by us..... "Isn't that cute, they are adorable, enjoy it while you can". ARE YOU SERIOUS? Don't you see I have twin 2 year old boys standing here, winging merchandise as I am trying to get them in the cart. Couldn't just one of them reached down and picked up a English muffin to help me? Where's the love?

2.) The boys have this weird obsession and don't want to be near men that are strangers in the store, so every time we passed one they said, "Man mommy, no man, no man mommy" repetitively until we pass them,which of course we often see the same men throughout store. With the ladies, they are complete FLIRTS and all smiles.

3.) Nicolas bit Christian ..again because he wanted his piece of deli ham. He even had some and was just finishing his last bit. TWICE!! So I had to diffuse the situation by correcting Nicolas and cuddling Christian in my arms until he would go back in the cart. Nicolas is typically my gentle love bug but not in the grocery store..he means business ...er..biting when it comes to his meat.

4.) Towards the end, Christian started reaching over and throwing everything out of the cart- RAPID FIRE! Every time I bent down to pick it up, it was like dodging bullets.

5.) Finally finished checking out all groceries and realized no credit cards, check books..nothing! All at home in my other purse. Shit, now what? PANIC sets in because I have been feeding the boys food from the groceries all through the trip and where was my bank card? Technically, if I don't pay its stealing right? Plus, I had two moms in line behind me giving me that hurry up evil eye because they were probably in the same boat with their kids.

6.) Lastly...loading and unloading the boys repetitively to get back to the store to pay for groceries. Not only EXHAUSTING, KILLING MY BACK AND ARMS because they are starting to weigh so much but then when we got in there it took about 15 minutes for them to get my cart! When he brought it up, he just put the cart in front of me and said " Here you go have a great day". At that point I was SEEING RED! I have two little boys standing next to me ( thankfully being angels) but I couldn't push this huge cart of groceries and risk letting them walk with me not holding hands in a crowded parking lot. I think the guy sensed I was about to freak out and when they couldn't find a carry out person the manager stepped up to the plate and helped me.

I thought, how easy would it have been to just have someone in the car with me and I could of dashed in and out in a flash? Oh well...so many moms must go through the same thing..right???

I promise more photos of the boys and updates on their activities and such! Just had to fill you in on this weeks grocery adventure. They really are well behaved boys..it's just this whole grocery store thing!

2 comments:

  1. Thought i'd better check in and let you know i'm still obsessed in checking your site. Sometimes a few times a day, hoping for an update.... lol
    Sorry to hear you are having grocery store issues. It is very tricky by your self with 2yr old twins, I agree!!
    Can't Ken come with you?
    Or can't you go at night when the boys are asleep and Ken (or someone else) can stay home with them (and watch telly while they sleep, or whatever), and you can get it all done alone, take your time, and have peace and quiet!?!?!? - Shopping alone is an interesting experience if you're not used to it.
    Or maybe an internet shop? Can you do that in USA. We can do grocery shopping online, and they deliver it to your kitchen the next day. It's a bit more expensive, but sometimes worth it!

    Also love all the recent pics and stories. Keep them coming!

    Sal & Co. in Australia

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me laugh!! I miss you guys, hope we can get together again soon :)

    ReplyDelete