Monday, March 12, 2012

Spring Break Baby!!

This week our school system is on spring break. Just the words "Spring Break" fills me with excitement. Although..(gulp).... I am going to be 40 next month, it still is exciting. It used to be because I knew I was going to get tan, work on getting blond, be with friends, sleep, relax and have a few cocktails along the way- yes..yes mama has a party past. That was pre-kids.

Now the excitement is different because of the kiddo's. All our friends are on break so it means lots of planning and hangouts with friends they haven't seen in a while, as well as their other buddies. We are planning on hitting the beach as much as possible. This will be the first time I take them 100% by myself , another GULP. So, I guess in a sense I get some of the same excitement because I get to be with friends, no pressured schedules, do fun stuff with kiddos, get tan but...no cocktails (well, maybe later in the evening). For our first day of spring break we ventured out to the movies and saw "Lorax" and then had lunch with some buddies and Daddy. It was so cute to see the boys so excited to see their friends Nate and Jake who they haven't seen in months because of opposite school schedules. Going to the movies with them is so fun at this age and a lot easier than last time we went. Christian could hold down his seat and Nicolas wasn't as restless. Although, about 1 hour into it he said: "Is it almost over, I'm bored". They are getting to be such big boys. As long as there is popcorn, they are happy!! Tomorrow, probably park or pool then beaching it the rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment