Sunday, December 11, 2011

Pinterest





Okay....so I have been so again "Pinterest" haters list since I first saw it. I thought it was annoying with too much technology overload, and kept thinking of all these people that kept saying "how busy" they were and thought who had time for this crap and I frankly didn't see the big deal. Plus, they had me on that waiting list and I got even more annoyed.



Fast forward to the past few weeks...Yes, I am loving it. Just like with how I was with Facebook a few years ago. Was a hater, now a lover. I am seeing all these cool things people have made on Pinterest and over the past few weeks I kept asking the moms "Where did you find that one"...etc... Everyone kept saying Pinterest. Pinterest. Pinterest. Ken even got on me when I needed an idea for something and said- just go search pinterest BUT I was so confused by it. I am like that with everything technical lately. I didn't get the whole "app" thing, Itouch, Ipad...until this year. I just kept saying to Ken-" That phone is cool, I want to do that "flick" of the finger that everyone does with there phones, it looks cool and it became a joke whenever the word "app" was mentioned on a commerical. Now I get it.

Then.. yesterday I woke up to - Whalaaa- I was accepted to Pinterest!!I jumped from the table and started whooping around like I was at a dance club. "Oh Yeah, Oh Yeah...doing the fist pump". Ken just said "oh boy here we go" In fact, a few weeks ago one of Kens colleague's sent him a link from it on this idea (photo above) for me as an idea for the boys teachers!! It was great, I changed it a little and for $3.00, I now had my little gifts for the boys teacher. Can't beat that! Hey...maybe I will pin it...ha!ha!!


I am hosting the boys Xmas party at school this year and even found some cute ideas for activities to do.....but holy cow it is addicting and I do not like that, nor do I have time for it so I don't know how this is going to work out.


Last night at a party, my girlfriend said "Hey I saw you were following me and got on Pinterest" I started laughing because I felt like a stalker!! I am a stalker!! I was just in shock that when I logged on I could magically see all these people I know who were pinning stuff. Still...again..I don't get it but I "pinned" a few things. She even said to me as she whipped out her Iphone "Look there is a App for pinterest". We started laughing because I was getting all flustered as she was showing me how to use this app. But I will prevail, I will stay with technology, I will not get ancient I WILL PREVAIL!!! Ps..thanks Vanessa for the demonstration last night!


This one is so cute because it says "Thank you for helping us grow this year" . Then below it says "Love always, Nicolas and Christian". It is a live plant with a pencil and a stick-thing-a ma-gig- I made. Perfect for a teacher! So if you need a gift for your preschool teacher or anyone- pretty cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment