Thursday, December 1, 2011

Gingerbread "Men"

The boys and I decided to surprise Daddy and make a Gingerbread House. This is their very first house they made. They did love decorating it, most got eaten along the way and then it turned into a game.

The game: Take the little beads, throw them at the house whatever doesn't stick has to make it into the goalie's net (a.k.a. bowl on the other side) and they win a point. Yes, they thought of this themselves and attempted to make goals (a.k.a - beaded candy all over kitchen floor while dog hunts to eat) while mommy was trying to clean up the frosting.

It turned out good. When Ken got home he was VERY IMPRESSED because he thought I put the "house foundation" and possibly thought I baked the gingerbread?? I just looked at him with my usual domesticated goddess smile and said "Oh Yes...I baked it and put it all together"... One word...PUBLIX.

Once we broke into it to eat or should I say we didn't know if it was edible (I wouldn't recommend the Gingerbread "Men" built it with bricks) the boys wanted to see all the "Gingerbread Men" living inside. They were sad to see it was empty, sad that it was like a brick but happy to eat the pure sugar Christmas trees!!! All in All - a great Xmas activity, a great tradition to start but next year I think I will bake myself!

The Starting Kit

Boys Working Hard

YUMMY! The Game Instructions- Game BeginsFinal Product


1 comment:

  1. It looks great!
    Clever boys, and a clever mom who can manage to produce that cute house, despite their "help"!!!

    I hope you guys are having fun preparing for the christmas season. We are, my boys are so into it this year. :)

    I check your blog almost every day, so keep posing, even if I don't get around to commenting, I do love reading it :)

    ReplyDelete