Monday, December 12, 2011

Monday - Monday

Have you ever heard the song "Monday Monday" from the movie Big Chill, sung by Mama's and PaPa's? Ironic name of the group right? It seems every Monday morning right before Ken leaves for work I start singing this song by the time he leaves. It has actually become a routine and makes us laugh but actually the kids tend to act up A LOT because their weekends are usually pretty fun and exciting with both of us home. In fact, I am still here in my PJ's ~ drained!

It is a funny song because it is so sarcastic of Mondays!


The first thing I heard from the kids as I was waking up this morning was:


Kids: "Dad are we going to school today"?


Ken : "No"..


Boys: "Ohhh" - but in a let down voice.


Kids: "Dad is it a work day or are you home"?


Ken: I have to go to work. Boys " Ohhh" in a let down voice. Then silence- nothing about mom, no yipees ..nothing but "Dad can you play with us before you go". Ken the hero- "Sure guys"!!!


I stumbled out of bed into the living room with my coffee in hand, cobwebs in the brain, crazy hair and....


Me: "Monday..Monday" (song with a smile)


Me: "Jeez what does that say about staying home with mommy"? Am I that lame? boring? Mean? I do everything with these kids.


Me: "Monday Monday" song again .



Just like the song, my first hour of Mondays are good, then just as the song progresses so does my day. For example, today my diamond necklace got ripped from my neck during a tantrum and we had to hunt for the diamonds. If you have never heard the song here is the song and lyrics and for all you moms out there- YOU WILL GET IT!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h81Ojd3d2rY Even if you just listen to the first two parts and get the beat of it, you will see what I hum through out the day.



Wish every Monday Morning looked as happy as this one! I actually am smiling and reading to them at breakfast!



Monday Monday, so good to me, Monday Monday, it was all I hoped it would be.Oh Monday morning, Monday morning couldn't guarantee that Monday evening you would still be here with me.



Monday Monday, can't trust that day, Monday Monday, sometimes it just turns out that way. Oh Monday morning, you gave me no warning of what was to be. Oh Monday Monday, how you could you leave and not take me.



Every other day, every other day, Every other day of the week is fine, Yeah. But whenever Monday comes, but whenever Monday comes..you can find me cryin' all of the time. Monday Monday, so good to me, Monday Monday, it was all I hoped it would be.



Oh Monday morning, Monday morning couldn't guarantee That Monday evening you would still be here with me. Every other day, every other day,Every other day of the week is fine..Yeah but whenever Monday comes, but whenever Monday comesYou can find me cryin' all of the time...


Monday Monday.....





I don't actually cry though :) - Video is actually pretty funny : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h81Ojd3d2rY

No comments:

Post a Comment