Friday, September 30, 2011

Bamboo Again?


Come On..Christian got Bamboo this week ..Really!

If you don't understand that statement, read my last blog and you well clearly understand. What are the chances of it? Don't get me wrong, I like Bamboo. He is growing on me. I think it is a fabulous idea but those first few hours are Torture..the fighting...

Here's the deal with how it works with Bamboo the baby stuffed panda. 1 child gets Bamboo on Thursday. You take him on adventures over the weekend, journal about them and return him on Tuesday. Then Thursday a new kid gets him. So, as I am running to pick up the boys (late as always) the teacher greets me with the biggest smile and just says, "Oh Jody, Christian got Bamboo.. I am so sorry"....KNOWING THE FIGHTING I HAD LAST WEEK. I literally got one day without Bamboo. Come on really, this has to be a joke.


She said they were sitting in the circle and getting ready to pick a name out of the bag. She said Christian verbalized out loud, "I know I will get him, I know I will get Bamboo, I miss Bamboo, I know I will get him" with the biggest smile. And he did. Ms. Lora (his teacher) laughed and congratulated Christian on his positive thinking. Congratulated me on teaching my children to be so positive ( hummm.. that is my goal, not sure how I am doing it because I verbalize everything, including my complaining...hence my blogging). I had a quick flashback on the car ride home from last week when Nicolas got Bamboo. The fighting.


But then I looked at Christian who was BEAMING with that charming smile and I was so happy for him. Then I looked at Nicolas who had the most evil, grumpy face I have seen on that kid and thought "Oh no, here we go". Especially, when he didn't want to say goodbye to his friends and very snotty said good bye to the teacher. Nicolas is my super lover boy so I knew it was going to be a tortuous car ride (see not so positive right)? So what did I do to try to make the situation better..what any mom would do: Bribe them with going out for Pizza! When that failed I knew we were in trouble. Nicolas had a tantrum about Bamboo at nap time for 50 minutes. I am talking the KING of all meltdowns. The type where you lay on the floor praying to god to please make it stop. The kind you beg God if he makes it stop you will do this, you will do that, you will be a better parent...yadda yadda yadda.

Now keep in mind, I also have to plan adventures, take photos, get them developed and of course scrapbook it all again. That damn scrapbook.


Bamboo will not be seeing much adventure this weekend because the boys went to get their flu shots found out Nicolas has the beginning of Croup. I knew he was cranky yesterday I should of realized that it couldn't have been just from our good friend Bamboo. I didn't even think a kid could get croup at their age. Both boys are a little cranky today and just want to chill since they have fevers. So, I am thinking this is how the photos will go this weekend:


1.) Bamboo with the boys fighting.
2.) Bamboo at the doctors.
3.) Bamboo watching T.V.
4.) Bamboo taking medicine.
4.) Bamboo sleeping a lot.
5.) Bamboo being thrown in the washer.


I am sure the next mom will love that one! Well, at least I got a few good pictures of Christian and Bamboo yesterday!! Gotta love Bamboo!

1 comment:

  1. ??????DId Bamboo set the dryer on fire????
    Now that's an adventure!!

    ReplyDelete