Thursday, July 21, 2011

18 Things About Today

Today.....

1.) Today, I let the boys dress however they wanted.

2.) Today, I caught up with two of my best friends (V and B ) and we exchanged stories of our "motherhood" day and concluded motherhood is CRAZY TOWN, whether you work or stay at home...we all go through the insane toddler moments. Today..they made me laugh which felt so good!

3.) Today, our big flat screen TV broke (found out when I went to relax during nap time to watch my favorite show and it will not turn on). Can you say Mommy tantrum.

4.) Today, Nicolas had the king of all tantrums over a book.

Today, the boys and I jumped on the bed just because (well, I didn't jump - just guarded the sides of bed).

5.) Today, Nicolas told me I didn't understand and was not listening to him ( during his meltdown).

6.) Today, they told me the letter "P" is for Poop, Pig, Puke, Pumpkin, Princess and Purple. Gotta love how Poop was the first word.

7.) Today, Christian woke up at 6am whining.."Mommy"(but in a slow whining, Ma..Me..) over and over then became cheerful and sang like a bird when he got up.

8.) Today, the boys and I played pilot and had to fly around the room while I was Mr. Cucumber, Nicolas was the Mr. Giant Tomato and Christian was "Captain Pilot".

9.) Today, we stayed in our PJ's until 12:00 on a rainy day (I am still in them).

10.)Today, I realized how much I can get down without the TV but how weird it feels not to have it.

11.) Today, we made glitter shells and penguins.

12.) Today, I have 2 resumes to write but sit here and write this instead.

13.) Today, I don't know what I am going to do without a TV while I cook dinner. I do not feel like cooking dinner.

14.) Today, it is one of those days when I am living in the moment and happy to be able to stay home even during this mornings tantrums.

15.) Today, I didn't care that Christian is still sucking his pacifier, it calms him down when all hell breaks out.

16.) Today, I had to clean up a ripped "pull up nighttime diaper" because Rocky our dog went to town on it.

17.) Today, when the boys locked me out of my bedroom, they worked as a team as one was locking one door, the other ran to the bathroom and locked that so I couldn't get them.

18.) Today, I can't wait to see the boys greet Ken coming home. A few nights ago I was able to snap a shot of how happy they are when they see their dad.

Wouldn't it be cool if we were all greeted this way when we walked into a room.

Working on sorting things


Christian's choice...(clearly annoyed I am snapping his photo)





Christian hanging out while I do dishes on the other side

No comments:

Post a Comment