Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Kids Summer Activities For Cabin Fever



Summer in Florida is probably comparable to up north in the winter because it is so hot you can't do anything outside unless you are in the water - hence the word "CABIN FEVER"! With two - 1 year old's that means I am trapped inside all day because I can't let them run around at typical places that most people can like the park, aquarium, museum, mall, beach and such places because there are two running in different directions. We do go to these places when I am by myself (except the beach) but it seems like they are always in their strollers. On the weekends with Ken or if a friend stops over during the week, we always go somewhere where the boys can run and explore. So...my point is, I have cabin fever and so do the boys. My friends with twins are in the same boat and we are trying to come up with activities to do. If anyone has an idea let me know!!

We have tried:
  • building forts with a blanket
  • playing with boats in baby pool
  • making a music band with the shakers and songs
  • coloring ( no so great - everything goes in the mouth)
  • and basically anything you can think of inside.
Here, we made a t- shirt for Ken on Father's day.

I think I am going to try something with edible play dough.

No comments:

Post a Comment