Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Great Grandparents

There is nothing in this world like grandparents, especially the wonderful gift of having great grandparents. I am so fortunate and blessed that my grandparents live close to me and have been able to be with my boys and give them the love that I have always treasured from them. Here are some cute photos of them together and two videos of my grandparents singing songs that I remember them singing to me and my sister when we were little!

Short Poem on Great Grandparents:


  • I like to walk with Grandpa or Grandma,
  • Their steps are short like mine.
  • They don't say "Now hurry up!"
  • They always take their time.
  • Most people have to hurry, They do not stop and see, "Unrushed" and young like me.

These first photos are of my Grandma ( my mom's - mom) and Christian. This was Christian's first solo road trip with me to go visit gram. It was so much fun and so great to see them together! Gram my not appreciate being seen in her "nighty" but the photos of her with him are priceless to me.





The next set are the boys visiting my other Grandparents. The boys get to spend more time with them because they live in the same town. They call them the "sunshine boys"!



What are Grandparents made of?
Hope and pride, pure joy inside
Warm hugs and kisses, shooting star wishes
Tickles and fun, a sprinkle of sun
Hands to hold, hearts of gold...

That's what Grandparents are made of
Tales from the past, memories to last
Laps for reading. "I love you" greetings
Wisdom to teach, always in reach
Toys galore, eyes that adore...

That's what Grandparents are made of

Patience and time, trees to climb
Baby photos in frames, childhood games
Bragging rights, sleep over nights
Comforting arms, magical charms...

That's what Grandparents are made of
Kindness and care, affection to share
Heart-to-heart talks, unhurried walks
Faith and trust, spoiling a must
Endless love, a gift from above... That's what Grandparents are made of!

1 comment:

  1. I love that they have great grand parents. What a blessing. Lucky boys. Love your posts!

    ReplyDelete