Monday, November 21, 2011

There Goes Dinner

I was feeling pretty productive this morning and it ALL CHANGED by 8 am!!

I took 5 thick yummy steaks out to start marinating for Ken's mom birthday dinner tonight. As I happily seasoned 1 steak the boys broke out in a battle over toys. I let them go until I needed to take action. Literally within 2 minutes my 74 lb fat Rhodesian Ridgeback/Boxer dog got up on the counter and POUNDED DOWN 4 raw steaks!! I walked back into the kitchen and there he is running past me with hsi head down and the 5th steak. I was so mad because I thought he got up and took a steak down in a matter of a few minutes, then I realized the dog got ALL STEAKS in his fat belly.

There are several things wrong with this:

1.) We just spent a lot of money on his vet bill last week and they specifically said he can not eat any meat but chicken because of his stomach.

2.) I don't have dinner now and have to rearrange my day to squeeze in a trip to the grocery store which is always torture with the boys when we have a jam packed day of activities.

3.) Rocky will probably get pretty sick- resulting in another vet bill.

4.) He has THE WORSE gas whenever he gets a tiny bit of red meat that lasts for days. He ate 4 raw pieces and we are having Thanksgiving this year herenot to mention I am going to have to sleep in the same smelly room as him.

5.) I am out some cash for these delicious steaks I bought on top of having to buy more today.

Oh Rocky...you are getting so old and your behavior is getting worse than the kids!! Rocky has come a long way with the kids, tolerating alot and I think this is his way of secretly trying to show me he can have tantrums too!

No comments:

Post a Comment