Thursday, March 17, 2011

A Sisters Bond

I just got off the phone with my sister and decided I had to do a quick blog on her. She is absolutely one the funniest, wittiest, smartest, classiest women I know and my rock. I know she will never read this so I can write all this about her- otherwise she would get pissed because it's all personal! Love you Sam!

I just told her I was going to my moms WITHOUT the kids for 4 days in May and immediately she was scheming and planning on how she could make her great escape!! We call it the great escape because my sister has 4 boys, all between the ages of 3-7, so you can imagine how hectic her life is. Yesterday when she called on my Anniversary, she sang some made up Anniversary song then said.."Hey 8 years ago, we were driving to your wedding and you were pissed off at me remember"? She said I kept saying on the way to MY WEDDING "Are you going to talk to me..Are you going to talk to me..it's my wedding day, it's supposed to be my happiest day and your being mean to me"! Of course 2 minutes later we were laughing hysterically that I said "Your being mean to me", as if we were back in middle school. We are like two peas in a pod, 18 months apart, fights or no fights, there is NEVER judgement between us no matter how wacky we get. It just makes me think, if we are this close at 18 months apart- can you imagine how close Nicolas and Christian are going to be!! It is just so cool to imagine! Twins has such an amazing bond and my dream in life is that they have this with each other!

Reasons my sister rocks:

1.) She has 4 boys - enough said.
2.) She does a boot camp at 5:30 am 3 days a week - again with 4 boys! And at 5:30 am, this is the girl that threw an alarm clock at me in high school because I woke her up with it. She definitely is not a morning person but kids help you over come that.
3.) She gets my sick sense of humor and has one!
4.) Is brilliant, she was a chemist and by nature is just a very rational, analytical person and can research anything with accurate stat's instead of just believing the hype of media.
5.) She prays, prays and prays and is so spiritually grounded.
6.) One of the best moms I know....even with 4 little boys.
7.) Everyday when we talk, we laugh so hard about the stupidest things - today's comedy- she has entered into the world of Facebook, after she has rejected it since it started but still says she is Anti-facebook. It's awesome because I see her getting addicted already, so I love to screw with her and leave random messages! Yet she doesn't want to write on it or people to comment on her page- that is what makes it so much fun to write on her page!
8.) I love that she tells it like it is, AT TIMES gentle if need be- but usually just matter of fact and has no problems confronting people, no problem speaking her mind on anything, anytime, especially when it comes to her family. She once told me : "Why not speak it if you do it gently and fair, then you never have to deal with drama, regret, gossip, resentment, pity and people know exactly where you stand". I think this is probably one of the most admirable gifts she has. That she can say NO to anyone at anytime and not worry about what they think of her, no guilt and yet she does it in a way that isn't mean to the other person or disrespectful. She respects others at all times, even if they disagree with her. Cool right? Yet the girl has class.
9.) Can easily admit on the days when she does feel insane with 4 boys, husband, 2 dogs and a diabetic cat.
10.) She and both our husbands went to college together in NY, so its pretty cool how it worked out- 2 sisters marrying 2 best friends ( I met my husband when he was 18 when I visited her at college but it DIDN'T click, then we met again at their wedding and the rest is history).

11.) We have the same old age dream-Once we all retire, we are going to live next to each other in NC, and be "The Biddies" on the front porch on the beach, drinking our cappuccino's, while the guys are out fishing and we want to recruit all our boys to be in the same town with their families, as well as my other siblings! One can dream right about our old age right?

Okay- here she is trying to train me from her boot camp when I was visiting her at Xmas. I used to be the one who would train her, so this was a CRAZY shift in roles! As you can see I am not putting much effort into it..hey I was on vacation!
My sister and her husband, true scientists (at a science museum for the kids) and they just couldn't help themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment