Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Finally Relaxed

Wow what a difference a week will make! I feel like I can breath and had some GREAT family time with Cousin Donny in town, Aunt Dianna and Rich! We got to go visit them at Grandpas and then they came up for a visit last night! Is this really my little boy? I can't believe how big he is, sitting here eating a piece of Hersey's Chocolate he snuck!!! Sneaky little guy!
Other great reasons for my new charge of energy:
  • Finished taxes and got all my paperwork upstairs in my office CLEANED up and filed! No piles of paperwork, no piles of paperwork, and no piles of paperwork! First time since boys were born!

  • PUMPED the boys got into one of the best schools of our area.

  • Cleaned house top/bottom, took almost a week, because we were supposed to have my best friend Kim in from Colorado with her two kids today, but unfortunately the trip got canceled at the last minute Monday. So sad about that part!!! However, on the only up side is I have a clean fresh smelling house.

  • It was our 8 year anniversary yesterday and we went out and celebrated last night! It was so fun to get out and just have some great laughs.

  • Had a garage sale which I ALWAYS LOVE and this time made some killer cash, best one yet! Ken made fun of me that morning because I straightened my hair, put on make up and he said "for a garage sale really?" I was like: "Hell yeah, this is serious sales today, I need to be on my A game and look the part"! What sales professional doesn't look good when they are selling!

  • Boys and I have had a great week, especially with the time change, they are not getting out of bed until 7:45-8:00! Fabulous!! And for some reason for over a week now they have been taking 3 hour naps! Again...Fabulous. It just gives me more energy to go all the fun things with them without being burnt out! Loving it!

  • Boys learned how to ride training bikes with training wheels at Grandpas Sunday!

  • Decided no huge Birthday party this year because when we tallied friends/family this week- we were up to about 60 people - 30 family- 30 friends, boys have so many friends because alot of them are twins so it adds up fast. So now we are just doing a family party on Easter night since Easter is at our house this year...MAKES IT SO MUCH EASIER!!

Here is story time last night that ended up in our loft (office)...the family came upstairs and got blankets, pillows, food and books to snuggle up with before bedtime.
Nicolas cuddling with Grandpa- they are both beat after NOT napping!
Grandpa rocked the weekend with getting the boys yet another cool gift, remote control boats. Even Daddy was excited, I think more than the boys.


Dad couldn't resist playing with the remote boats...next is the helicopters according to Grandpa and Daddy!We couldn't call it the complete Fabulous Hughes weekend without a little GOLF involved. Boys got a new set - thanks grandpa! Kens sister plays too so it made it even that more special for the boys! Although on pavement- still fun.

Grandma Paula even came out in the Sun, which means she was really having a good time!
Gotta love that hat!!

1 comment:

  1. They're getting so big!! I can't believe it! I thought the same thing, "is that her little boy?"

    ReplyDelete