Thursday, July 1, 2010

Green Eggs and Hearts

This morning for some reason I was in the mood to make the boys a more interesting breakfast and create a fun looking plate. I have no idea why since I hate mornings, I got about 4.5 hours of sleep last night and I don't have a "love" for cooking but I just wanted to do something sweet for my little men.
Christian woke up crying last night (first time since he was 22 months old) and then Nicolas woke up. Christian used to do this on a regular basis because he has reflux and it wasn't until he was on Prevacid that he stopped waking up and we FINALLY got a full nights sleep - yes the boys didn't sleep all night until 22 months!!

This past week, we have been reducing his Prevacid and some of the old symptoms are showing their ugly face again. Poor little guy, which means most likely he will have an endoscopy this fall. I was praying that the symptoms wouldn't come back as most kids outgrow the symptoms by 2 years old and the esophagus heals. I have forgotten how hard it is to wake up in the middle of the night.
Anyways, this morning I just felt a little sad for Christian so I wanted to do something to brighten his day. I made them green egg hearts! I have never done this and found this pan in my cabinet today. I just whipped up 2 eggs, 1/2 an avocado and shredded cheddar cheese. It came out so yummy. As you can see in the photo below Christian HAMMERED his heart! Nicolas liked them as well, even though you can't really see his joy in this photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment