Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Bedtime Military Operation

Putting the boys to bed sometimes sounds like or feels like Ken and I are in a military operation, lost in the jungle trying to escape and get each other to safety.

This was our conversation the other night as we are getting ready to leave their room:

Ken : "Go..go..now"
Me: "Wait..I didn't get the water out of the crib"
Ken: "I have to water, go..go"

Ken is out the door. Five minutes goes by and he comes back in and finds me rocking Christian .

Ken: "What happened? I thought you were right behind me?"

Me: "I don't know, you went to fast and I panicked. Nicolas wanted another book, Christian wanted to be rocked and I got sucked back in".

Ken (Laughing now - we both are) says to me: "It's like a military operation getting you out of here at night. Your with me when we are leaving the jungle, I think we are getting to safety, I turn around and your gone.....what happened! Then I have to come back into the jungle and try to save you!

It's so true! Our kids are really easy normally at bedtime, especially when Ken does it. If I do it by myself I get sucked in and the worse part is I know what is happening. It's just one of the boys will ask me for something, I quickly go get it, then the other one is throwing pacifiers at me, I bend down to get then something else goes flying by my head and I am scrambling around.

No comments:

Post a Comment