Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Dominant Twin

Is it really true that there is always a dominant twin? These guys seem to take on that role and go back and forth week to week. However, with language I noticed that Christian wants to say everything first...well...should I say just talks or tries non stop. When you ask them what something is or a question such as what sound does the pig make...he always jumps the gun! I have been working with trying to let Nicolas speak first... but can't figure out how to teach Christian to wait a second...any suggestions? Nicolas doesn't seem to mind and follows his lead or sometimes just smiles that his brother has answered. I do work with Nicolas if I get alone time. We took a survey recently at dinner that I had with other twin moms and we all found that the child that was born second seems to be more dominant ( Christian). Strange!!! I pretty much have only identified it more recently with language.

2 comments:

  1. very interesting.

    my second born (benjamin) is also more frequently the dominant twin. They also swap rolls sometimes.

    Ben talks more than Ethan, but my boys do not talk much. Lots of jibberish baby talk, but only about 10 real words, and you only hear them every so often. I can't wait for them to start talking more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, don't know if you back read. I came over from the multiples site and am reading back a bit. My 2nd born is also more often the dominant one and talks much more than her sister. She too jumps the gun - did you figure out how to get Christian to wait? I could use the pointers. My girls are 23 months old now.
    Loving these stories, BTW.

    ReplyDelete