Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Homemade Parties

As Ken and I were finalizing the decorations for the party (I was cutting and pasting Superman Logos to the dangle things for the ceiling), I was feeling all proud of what we accomplished and he said, "Wow this looks like a homemade party". As you can imagine my eyebrows raised and I yelped...."WHAT"?    "What does that mean, is that bad, is it cheesy".  Quickly, he came back with a nice comeback and said, "No, I don't mean it bad, I just mean homemade, lots of love has gone into this".  Oh.....

I would have to say that it was and it was wonderful. This year was probably the best birthday for all of us. It was special because it was a group family effort to decorate the party to surprise the boys and it was so worth it to see their joy..and all the kids. My mom flew here to surprise me last week for my 40th birthday and she was so sweet to help me make 30 capes as gift favors for the kids. She cut most of them and sewed, I cut and glued and Ken cut all the hard pieces like the "S" and diamonds.  They were a hit and it was so sweet to see them flying around the party with their capes. Side note...I ruined our kitchen table because of the glue...yikes..not so happy about that one.
Ken's mom made the most adorable, beautiful cakes for the boys. Each year she has always made the most special cakes, their very own cakes, as well as one sheet cake for the guests. This year the boys requested a "Batman Lego and Superman Lego" so she did it! GORGEOUS and so creative. Everyone kept asking "Where did you buy these, they are delicious"....I felt so proud to say Ken's mom did them. We had a hard time keeping all the kids away from it prior because they wanted to touch it and play with it which was hysterical in itself. We had a guard on duty most of the party..lol!! 
Then Christian and Nicolas helped me color and cut the little capes / masks for the lolly pops which was cool, although a pain in the ass to tape to each one.
 Grandpa Ken brought bubbles and cookies for all the kids which made all the kiddos happy! 

I have to say, I love having parties for the boys. I think because I get so sentimental and I remember what we went through before we received these boys from God, the most precious gift God can give parents and the fact God trusted me with 2 of them at once...well you better believe we are going to celebrate them! EVERY YEAR! Even if it is a homemade party. Whether at a pool, backyard or our crowded house, we are going to celebrate their life and love with all the people who have been part of their life, who love them, who have helped us as parents and all their new friends that they are making.  I was sharing with my girlfriend Vanessa, I am just so glad that they are 4 and they will remember it because this is a memory I want them to cherish forever. 

All-in-All this party will go down in the books as one of the best ones yet, one of the most special "homemade" parties!!! 


So excited about the cake..Christian in the background making sure no one touches!


My Mom Hard At Work!
Can't wait to play with these yummy legos!!

No comments:

Post a Comment