Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Love Bugs


Right now Florida is currently in "Love Bug" season. If you have never heard of them, they are more of an annoyance than anything else because they do not bite or sting. I actually think they are kind of cute(other than they can take off the paint of your car) but I also think their name is cute and that they are truly "love bugs" meaning: there are always 2 together, stuck together. It is one of the few bugs that does not freak me out so I actually can stand to look at them with the boys, get down on the ground with the boys and use the magnifying glasses to study them and take the opportunity to teach them. Normally, being a inch away from a bug is not my thing, actually just seeing a bug is not my thing.



After a few days of the love bug swarm in FL, Ken was hugging Nicolas and very seriously Nicolas said...."Daddy, stop hugging me so much, we are going to stick like love bugs"! Kids are so funny how their minds process things and how quickly they associate things together. Nicolas has always had the nickname, "Love Bug", so it is kind of ironic he is the one that doesn't want to be stuck like a love bug! Here is a photo my friend took that the boys are both being love bugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment