Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Mad Dash!

My mom got the boys their first bikes with training wheels for their birthday. Too cute! They have been on bikes in the past a few times but it never went so well because whenever they went to push the peddle forward the other foot would put weight backwards and it would brake. So, today I pulled out the bikes to give it a test run & kind of dreading it because previously they would each whine and have meltdowns because it wouldn't move forward. Today, Nicolas just said - "Let's do this.. all by myself mom"! When I put them on, gave them a push and OFF THEY WENT!! Solo! It was so exciting. I felt like I was at a Indy Nascar Race, the way they were each trying to pass each other and take the lead. A friendly competition is what I witnessed. They rode on the side walk, 1/2 around the block back/forth for about a hour. Me- I was chasing after them yelling "Brake...Brake..." every time they were nearing the street corner. My girlfriend down the street happened to see us and couldn't stop laughing at how cute they looked and joined in on the "Brake" scream with me. They can brake but it skids alittle and when they are hitting their high speed, doesn't stop so fast. I forgot how much goes into riding a bike and what a BIG MOMENT it is!! My video broke on my little camera and my internal flash on my nice camera broke so I have no photos of this great accomplishment. Maybe I will snap one tomorrow with the phone and pretend it was today. The funniest part to imagine is they were still riding the bike with their big silver/gold bows and ribbons, thinking it looked cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment